2013 ORGANIZE YOUR OWN HOMETOWN HERO WALK
In 2012 there were several towns across Pennsylvania that organized their own Hero Walk and were very successful. In all, these independent walks raised over $30,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project!
We are encouraging others to do the same for 2013. It only takes a small group of motivated people to do this and become very successful. Here are a few ideas on how to get started;
• Pick a date, time and location. Saturday mornings seem to work well. A 9am start also is good so participants have the rest of the day for other things.
• Find other volunteers to help you organize and solicit walkers & businesses.
• Choose a location for your walk one (1) to three (3) mile walk and get approval from your local municipality. Starting and finishing at same location seems to work well, a park or church for example.
• Plan to have some sort of refreshments and possibly some local officials to speak at the end of you event.
• Solicit business sponsors for monetary of in kind donations.
• Invite the media to your event to help spread the word of all the good that the Wounded Warrior project does for our heroes.
Lastly, find forms below and contact us for a more written material and a video on how to organize your own ‘HOMETOWN HERO WALK”.
Contact: Al Pulice at email@example.com
HOMETOWN HERO WALK
CLICK HERE TO WATCH